well, as a matter of fact, I think there are too many ways and principles to evaluate materials to work with teens... if we look at different authors we are going to findout different conceptions of how materials should be evaluated. Personally I think the question should be "which criteria should you take into account to evaluate materials if I am going to work with teenagers?"
To answer this questiion I woul only ask other questions...which are the intended objectives with these students?, why are they learning English? what is their motivation? by taking into account the answer to these questions, you will be able to determine the materials more appealing to them. Finally, it woul be a good idea to look for authors who give you some criteria for selecting and evaluating teaching materials, for exmaple: Richards, Jacks C. "Curriculum Development in Language Teaching" NY.Cambridge UP, 2001
IN MY VIEW, THERE IS NOT STANDARDS TO EVALUATE TEXTBOOKS BECAUSE THE CRITERIA TO EVALUATE A COURSEBOOK DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT AND THE SETTINNG IS VERY DIFFERENT ONE FROM OTHER SO THAT WE SHOULD SELECT OR CREATE THE RUBRIC THAT MATCH THE PARTICULAR GOAL, OBJECTIVE AND NEEDS OF OUR PROGRAM.
The standards to evaluate materials to work with teenagers depends on the level as well as the student´s needs. Nowadays, we have to take into account what students like and also, what is fashion to appeal to their senses.
I think there are no standards to evaluate materials, we just have to take into account our students' needs. Groups are quite heterogenous and students have different backgrounds. So we have to look for materials in order to explore their own realities.
There are some principles we can follow but I do think we should become eclectic. Take the best parts to build a nice methodology that helps students learn and enjoy their own learning process.
well, as a matter of fact, I think there are too many ways and principles to evaluate materials to work with teens... if we look at different authors we are going to findout different conceptions of how materials should be evaluated. Personally I think the question should be "which criteria should you take into account to evaluate materials if I am going to work with teenagers?"
ResponderEliminarTo answer this questiion I woul only ask other questions...which are the intended objectives with these students?, why are they learning English? what is their motivation? by taking into account the answer to these questions, you will be able to determine the materials more appealing to them.
Finally, it woul be a good idea to look for authors who give you some criteria for selecting and evaluating teaching materials, for exmaple:
Richards, Jacks C. "Curriculum Development in Language Teaching" NY.Cambridge UP, 2001
IN MY VIEW, THERE IS NOT STANDARDS TO EVALUATE TEXTBOOKS BECAUSE THE CRITERIA TO EVALUATE A COURSEBOOK DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT AND THE SETTINNG IS VERY DIFFERENT ONE FROM OTHER SO THAT WE SHOULD SELECT OR CREATE THE RUBRIC THAT MATCH THE PARTICULAR GOAL, OBJECTIVE AND NEEDS OF OUR PROGRAM.
ResponderEliminarThe standards to evaluate materials to work with teenagers depends on the level as well as the student´s needs. Nowadays, we have to take into account what students like and also, what is fashion to appeal to their senses.
ResponderEliminarI think there are no standards to evaluate materials, we just have to take into account our students' needs. Groups are quite heterogenous and students have different backgrounds. So we have to look for materials in order to explore their own realities.
ResponderEliminarThere are some principles we can follow but I do think we should become eclectic. Take the best parts to build a nice methodology that helps students learn and enjoy their own learning process.